Welcome to the Summit Media Center!
This is where you can find all the official photos, video clips, digital materials, and current information related to the No Barriers Summit. Learn No Barriers Ambassador stories, meet keynote speakers, and receive Summit updates in one central hub.
- Home of the 2016 Summit: Copper Mountain, Colorado
- 2016 Summit Dates: June 23 – 26, 2016
- Being a quad amputee, I didn’t really have the intention to kayak. But the Summit staff just rigged something up in about 15 minutes with some adaptive equipment. It blew my mind. That’s what No Barriers means to me. Just jumping in and doing it. I think that anybody that’s on the fence as to whether or not they are coming to the next Summit, GET HERE!
– Kyle Maynard, prior attendee, 2013 Summit Speaker
- The No Barriers Summit inspires a sense of adventure, innovation, community — and a belief in the power of the human spirit.
– Erik Weihenmayer, Blind Adventurer and No Barriers Board Vice President
- The No Barriers Summit is about hope. It is lighting the flame within and realizing that any goal – big or small – is worth pursuing. Step by step, little by little, we all can contribute to our communities around the world and shape people’s attitudes, stereotypes and perceptions as to what a barrier really is in one’s life.
– Bill Barkeley, Blind-Deaf Adventurer, No Barriers Board Member
- By bringing together end-users of technologies with scientists, inventors, and clinicians, we can have a dialogue about how to improve current technologies. We want to develop technologies that impact people in the way they wish to be impacted.
– Hugh Herr, Ph.D., Athlete, Associate Professor – MIT Media Laboratory
- I witnessed person after person, all of whom were just so inspirational, every minute. Society wants to look at them with pity, but these guys… no one wants, needs, or has time for pity. They are living incredible lives – that nearly anyone would admire and envy. Attending the No Barriers Summit is an experience I wish everybody could have.
– Tom Rutlin, Founder, Exerstrider Products, Inc.
- Whether or not participants have a disability or are loved ones and/or care providers, everyone at the Summit is immersed in the company of pioneering, innovative individuals who either develop assistive technologies to overcome barriers or are courageous trial users of such innovations designed to overcome obstacles that prevent engagement in physical activities that may otherwise appear infeasible.
– Sasha Rabchevsky, Spinal Cord & Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky, No Barriers Board Member
SPREAD THE WORD
No Barriers Summit